Wednesday, August 25, 2021

TELEVISION Program: Body Fantastic: Results of Swimming in 32 Degree Water

featured image

Transcription of TELEVISION Program– Body Fantastic

To get a concept of what swimming in 32- degree water would seem like. We asked Dr. David Barron, chief of personnel at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center, to evaluate his response to freezing cold water. He’s doing it with the aid of Dr. Wally Garai, head of emergency situation medication. Dr. Barron will put his arm, which can hold up against cold water a lot easier than the upper body, into 32- degree water and attempt to hold it there for 3 to 5 minutes. Oh, kid.

Well, it instantly seems like something got painted onto my arm, and it’s certainly a cold sensation. It’s not a hot Burnie sensation. It’s a cold. There’s a bit of a pains beginning now. And is it in the muscle group? The ace is more on my lower arm and my wrist than in my lower arm. My finger and hand is beginning to get pins and needles sensation. I’m battling difficult to take my arm out here. I actually wish to take it out. Oh, wait. A little warm sensation occurring now.

Sort of. Sort of little thick on my stomach, too. I got to Yarmouth. Oh, now it’s truly pins and needles and hurting and does not wish to move quite.

Let me see.

Oh, Oops.

Take a look at the fingers.

Fingers are really white.

The cold has actually triggered the blood vessels and Dr. Moms and dad’s arm to restrict, turning his skin unnaturally white.

Okay, I got ta rest for a 2nd then. Now it’s getting red, isn’t it? Yeah.

Simply generally veterinarian which rewarming. Now the body itself doing that. You can see the marks.

As Dr. Barron’s arm starts to heat up, the blood hurries back into the blood vessels, turning his skin unnaturally red.

My fingers were beginning to seem like they were stiffening and shriveling and not reacting to my brain’s concept about moving them.

That wants immersing less than 4% of his overall skin volume for less than a minute.

http://medicaltranscriptionprograms.com/television-program-body-fantastic-results-of-swimming-in-32-degree-water/

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAH - MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST

, 2022 Medical Records– Medical Transcriptionist — Full Time– 7am to 3pm Various (Req 5997) Ensures … for the precise transcription of d...